onsdag 5. september 2012

Strudel with bacon and leek

Now that autumn is on its way, we can enjoy the warmth of the kitchen oven in the house by making food in it. One of my old favorites is this strudel with leek and bacon. My mother used to make this dish when I was a small child. Maybe I changed some of the ingredients but the taste is quite known from my child years.

For two strudel I use 2 packets of butter pastry (frozen). You can make this yourself but that takes a LOT of time.
I use one big leek, about 400 g bacon, 1 cream (double or light)(3dl), a cleave of garlic, grated cheese (200-300 g), some pepper and salt and egg yolk.

Warm the oven to 200 C (392F)
Cut the leek in small circles, bake the bacon in a big casserole.


Add the leek, the pressed garlic and the cream. Season with salt and pepper. Add the cheese and let it cool down a bit.



Roll out the pastry in a big rectangle. Spread the fill over the half of the rectangle. Cut in the other half with a knife. Cover the fill with the empty half of the pastry. Press the sides and brush with egg yolk.




Bake in the oven for about 20-25 min or until golden.

You can serve the dish with a salad.

Jelrik

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar